Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (“JLL”) invites you to share your photos of the views that make you look twice at the city around you by posting content on Twitter and Instagram using the #JLLMyView hashtag (each a “Post”). Each week, JLL may at its sole discretion select Posts to feature on its website http://www.jllrealviews.com (“Website”). In addition to the Twitter and Instagram Terms of Service/Use, by submitting a Post you accept and agree, without limitation or qualification, to these Submission Guidelines. All Posts must disclose your affiliation to JLL by using #Sponsored or #Ad. BY SUBMITTING A POST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR POST MAY BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, IN JLL’S DISCRETION.
Copyright Work for Hire
You agree that your Post will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, you irrevocably assigns and transfers to JLL all of your right, title and interest in and to the Post, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. You hereby waive in favor of JLL, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that you may now or later have to the Post. Upon request of JLL, you shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by JLL, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Post and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Submission Guidelines. Should JLL fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of JLL’s rights and JLL may at a later time request the assignment. Further, JLL may request that you secure from any model(s) or videographer an irrevocable assignment and transfer to JLL all of any model(s) or videographer’s right, title and interest in and to your Post, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. The model(s) or videographer may be required to waive in favor of JLL, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that the model(s) or videographer may now or later have in the Post. Should JLL fail to request the said model(s) assignment or videographer assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of JLL’s rights and JLL may at a later time request the assignment(s).
Contest of Post
Submission of a Post grants JLL and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or publicly perform the Post in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to you. Posts must be your original work; may not have won previous awards; may not have been published previously; must not infringe third-party rights; and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in a Post may be required to sign a release.
- Post must comply with these Submission Guidelines and any Terms of Service on the Website;
- Post cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Post cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Post cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Post cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about JLL or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Post cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Post cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; JLL does not permit the infringement of others’ rights. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Post and grant the rights herein granted to JLL;
- No background artwork should appear in an Post unless it is your original work. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in a Post must be created solely by you or you must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
- Post cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Post cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which JLL wishes to associate; and
- Post cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
POSTS POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY JLL AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL POSTER AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF JLL IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by JLL does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to you.
By submitting a Post, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place JLL under any obligation, that JLL is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Post on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by posting your Post, JLL does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to JLL, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Except where prohibited by law, you grant (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for JLL and those acting under its authority to use your name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
Representations and Warranties/Indemnity
By submitting a Post you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who’s name, likeness or voice is used in the Post and (f) and that publication of the Post via various media including Website posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. You will indemnify and hold harmless, JLL, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram, LLC, from any claims to the contrary. Any person whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by you (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including JLL’s use of such Post, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request.
As a condition of entering, you (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release JLL, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram, LLC, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the #JLLMyView promotion; (b) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The Submission Guidelines are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Submission Guidelines, or your rights and obligations in connection with the #JLLMyView promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Illinois for any action arising from these Submission Guidelines.